MiTAC is committed to protecting your personal data and being transparent about what information it holds. MiTAC understands its obligations to help you understand how and why MiTAC processes your personal data. This policy tells you about the why, what, how, and when in relation to MiTAC’s collection and processing of your personal data.
PURPOSE AND BASIS OF MITAC'S COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process your personal data for purpose of performing our obligations under the applicable agreement(s) with you or providing our services based on your request.
We use the personal data collected from you for purpose of delivering our services to you, rendering of repair and maintenance services, and, upon receipt of your consent, providing you with updated news and marketing information.
We also use your personal data to respond to you when you contact us.
TYPE OF DATA MITAC MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The types of personal data we may collect and process about you include:
- Your name and contact information (e.g., email and phone number(s));
- Business information details such as information provided in the course of the contractual relationship between you and MiTAC, or otherwise voluntarily provided by you;
- Information that is collected when you visit on of our Website such as cookies;
- Persistent identifier such as a customer number or other information held in a cookie or IP address; and
- Other information alike that helps fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
MAJOR SYSTEMS WHICH MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. Technical Support System
Upon your registration to our technical support system, we may ask you to provide personal data such as your e-mail address, name, telephone number, or persistent identifier (such as a customer number held in a cookie) which is associated with individually identifiable information. We may combine the information you provide on the Website with other information we may collect from you offline or from third parties so that we can tailor the Website, services, and offerings to you more effectively.
2. Newsletter Management System
We only collect your email address when you subscribe "TYAN Newsletter". You can opt out of receiving TYAN newsletter at any time by (a) clicking the "Unsubscribe" button in the footer of any newsletter email you receive from Tyan or on our Website, or (b) contacting us for removing your personal date via the link below.
3. "Contact Tyan" Webpage
Upon your sending of the message to “Contact Tyan” webpage, we may ask you to provide personal data such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and your residing region which is associated with individually identifiable information. We may combine the information you provide on the Website with other information we may collect from you offline or from third parties so that we can tailor the Website, services, and offerings to you more effectively.
- A "Cookie" is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device (such as desktop, laptop, tablet) when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. The information below explains the cookies we use on our Website and why we use them:
- Cookies and similar technologies allow us to provide you with, for example, customized information from our Website and to make our Website more user-friendly through customer recognition, understanding and facilitation of the customer browsing. This may include, for example, remembering your language selection so you don’t have to re-enter it every time you visit our Website.
- In addition, cookies allow us to understand which pages you have visited and to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our Website. This enables us to improve our Website and apps to offer the best browsing experience for you.
- Our Website also employs cookies and similar technologies placed by our carefully selected third party partners.
- You can enable or disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, to make full use of our Website, cookies need to be enabled on your browser or device. If you choose not to allow cookies you will not be able to browse parts of our Website.
- We may have a variety of pages on social networking sites. If you use these pages, the hosting sites may store cookies onto your device. We do not control the setting of, and accept no liability in connection with these cookies. Please look at the third-party websites for more information about the cookies they use and how you can manage them. Please read the terms of the applicable application for more information.
- MiTAC also provides links to external third party websites and you may choose to click through to these sites. If you do so, these third party sites may send cookies to your browser. We do not control the setting of, and accept no liability in connection with, these cookies. Please look at the cookies policies on the respective Websites for more information about what they do with cookies and how you can manage them.
- Below list includes cookies deployed by such third parties on our Website.
At MiTAC, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers navigate to and through our Website. These cookies enable the function of Google analytics. This service helps us understand how long customers spend visiting different pages and how often they return to our Website. Google Analytics also helps our marketing colleagues to work out the effectiveness of our digital marketing campaigns. You can find out how to opt out of these cookies here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Your personal data collected by MiTAC may be shared with Tyan Computer Corporation and companies within MiTAC group so as to allow MiTAC to carry out the purposes stated above.
- MiTAC is required to disclose certain personal data collected from you to third parties (e.g. logistic service provider(s), maintenance service provider(s), email delivery service provider(s), marketing service provider(s) and cloud service provider(s)) we have chosen to support us for carrying out the purposes stated above.
- With your prior consent, we may share information about you for publicity and marketing purposes online, in print and on social media.
- We reassure you that, MiTAC will, under no circumstances, sell your personal data to third parties or permit third parties to sell the data we have shared with them.
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY
Where transfers are to be made outside of the European Economic Area, MiTAC will ensure that the destination country(ies) has data protection laws assessed as adequate by the European Commission or where adequate safeguards are in place.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where MiTAC is collecting or/and processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- In addition, you have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- copy or transfer your personal data;
- demand rectification of incorrect or incomplete data;
- require deletion or removal of your personal data;
- request not to be subject to entirely automatic profiling algorithms;
- impose restriction on processing of your personal data; and
- object to the processing of your personal data based on grounds other than your express consent.
- We may use automated processing with your personal data to allow us to provide you with service and product information that is most suited for your interests. If you are unhappy with the automated decision, you can contact us and request a manual review.
We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described below and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- MiTAC is committed to protecting the information you provide us. We take the information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. MiTAC will take great care in maintaining the security of your personal data and in preventing unauthorized access to it through the use of appropriate technology and internal safeguards. Your information is protected by controls designed to minimize loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions.
- We suggest that you do not share your password information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with others you should always choose to log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
- Except as otherwise required by applicable law, MiTAC endeavors to retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for MiTAC to fulfill the aforementioned purposes. After the data retention period, we will destroy or delete your personal information or make it anonymous such that it cannot be identified or traced back to you.
- If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected, we will notify you of that purpose together with any other relevant information.