TYAN Warranty - Terms and Conditions
| General Warranty | Barebones Warranty | RMA Procedures | Cross Shipment | Refurbished |
TYAN COMPUTER CORPORATION warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for up to three years (36 months) starting from the date of original purchase from Tyan. If the product is received within the warranty period and if the product is found by TYAN to be defective within the terms of this warranty TYAN will repair or replace the defective product at our option and cost.
This warranty does not apply to any failure or defect caused by misuse, accidental damage, abnormal or unusually heavy use, neglect, abuse, alteration, improper installation, shipping damage, unauthorized repair or modification, improper testing, or causes external to the product such as, but not limited to, excessive heat or humidity, power failure, power surges, or natural disaster.
Tyan makes no warranty with respect to expendable components, any software supplied by TYAN, any experimental or developmental products, compatibility with other hardware and software products introduced after the time of purchase, or products or accessories not manufactured by Tyan; all of which components, software and products are provided in an as-is status.
In the event that a product needs to be returned to Tyan for service, the customer must first contact their distributor or vendor whom they purchased the product from. If the customer is unable to receive warranty/RMA service from their vendor/distributor, then the customer must then contact the Tyan Technical Support department to create a Technical Support Case number. After all efforts have been exhausted to resolve the issue, Technical Support will provide the RMA forms to continue the RMA process. The customer will then need to email/fax the RMA form to the RMA Department. The RMA Department will process the RMA and provide a RMA number for the customer. This RMA number must be clearly printed on the outside of the box. Tyan will not accept any shipment directly from any customer without an RMA number. In no event will Tyan be held liable for any direct or indirect, incidental or consequential damage, loss of use, loss of data, or other malady arising from the purchase or use of Tyan products.
* Tyan's three (3) year warranty policy does not include products intended for OEM/ODM distribution, refurbished products or products sold via surplus/auction dealers. Only products found on www.tyan.com are intended for retail distribution and are covered by our standard warranty policy.
** Tyan's three (3) year warranty policy does not cover all damage to the Socket 771, Socket 775, Socket F (or similar design) pins. Tyan will make all efforts to replace any brand new product that arrives with any damage to these sockets. Tyan will require that the Socket covers (which ship in place) be used to send back any product that requires RMA service. If the customer does not have these original socket covers then all effort must be made to cover and protect these sockets otherwise if these sockets are damaged during shipping, the warranty will be void or subject to an “Out of Warranty” charge to repair the socket.
Out of Warranty RMA Request
Your product will fall under the Out of Warranty category if it meets any of the following criteria:
If you wish to have such a product repaired by Tyan, please read the information below.
- You do not have a purchase order or proof of purchase
- Your current Tyan warranty has expired
- You have purchased the product from an unauthorized Tyan dealer or auction sites
- You have physically damaged the product in a manner that has voided the warranty
Any repair done by Tyan under the Out of Warranty process will come with a 60-day warranty on all parts and service.
- Tyan will charge a $75.00(USD) diagnostic fee to fix basic functionality or cosmetic problems with the motherboard. The costs for the components that will be used to fix the issue will be an additional charge and will be added to the $75.00 diagnostic fee.
- Each motherboard will be determined on a case by case basis by the RMA department if it is capable of being fixed. If it is not, Tyan will keep a $50(USD) service charge and allow a $25.00(USD) credit to the customer with the return of the motherboard.
- Typical problems Tyan RMA will fix: broken sockets, broken DIMM slots, broken PCI slots, broken IDE connectors, broken solder joints on PS/2 ports, and so on.
- Any additional charges (VAT Taxes, Duties or etc.) associated with shipping in area’s outside of the United States will be added to the final charges and be incurred directly by the customer.
Freight/Handling – All Shipping charges associated with the Out of Warranty RMA process will be paid by the customer.
If you have purchased your TYAN product from the US, please contact TYAN Tech Support at (510) 440-8808.
If you have purchased your TYAN product from Europe, please download the RMA form here.
If you have purchased your TYAN product from EMEA, please contact your local EMEA rep. Contact information is here. For English language press here.